Monday, August 22, 2011

The Sights

I thought that it was fun to go and see the White House. Carly and Macy liked to see how many bars they could reach to and watch the squirrels. I think that they will appreciate it more when they are a little bit older.



We also went to my Uncle Mike's work the red cross. We got to meet all of the people that work with him and his boss was nice and gave us White House M&Ms. Another lady also was nice and gave us no more itch cream since we had some mosquito bites. I like to pronounce mosquito bites missqueeto. They also love to get me! Ah!!!



We also got to see the UT memorial and sit by the fountains. In the back is the Washington memorial.





Here is the Washington memorial. I got to go up and touch it. We liked the shade it made since we were walking a lot in the sun.



We went to a dance festival representing some country in South America. (i don't remember) Here are some drums that Carly and I got to play and then there is a video.









Here is my Dad in DC with this Sparkle Banner. I thought it was fun since my Grandpa has a cleaning company called Sparkle.


1 comment:

Sherry said...

Uncle Mike is the BEST tour guide.
I'm glad you got to see where he works. The Red Cross assists so many people when there are disasters in the US and around the world.
Love,
Gram